Falls & Co is looking for a Social Media Specialist to help our clients connect with their customers through social media and inspire action. Reporting to the Social Media Director, the Social Media Specialist plans, creates, publishes, distributes, and measures social media content across organic and paid social media channels and extend to digital platforms. This role is focused on shooting, editing, producing and distribution of social media video.
Coordinating effectively across internal and client teams, the successful candidate leverages best practices to create opportunities for brands to stand out on social platforms and develop deeper connections to their consumers. Experience with B2B and B2C clients across a variety of industries is essential.
Falls & Co is a rapidly growing team of public relations specialists, writers, branding specialists, content marketers, strategists, technologists, and designers who craft world-class marketing solutions based on research-driven insight and seasoned expertise.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Understands client business metrics, platforms, key audience segments, and how content can drive business results
- Educates clients on content and platform best practices and process
- Maps and audits existing content
- Conducts competitor/gap analyses
- Translates opportunities into clear, actionable strategies and tactics
Social Media Planning
- Leverages tools, social media metrics and audience reporting to identify what content is currently resonating, and why
- Maps brand and product messaging and content to best practices to improve traffic, engagement, and conversion
- Creates calendars to govern development and distribution of timely content
Social Media Channel Management
- Understand the brand identity, key messaging, product promotion dates, voice and business objectives.
- Access client assets and identify social media opportunities.
- Identify trends and pop culture moments that can be applied to client accounts.
- Coordinate priorities and facilitate monthly Social Media Content Priorities planning meeting with the client.
- Coordinate creative and copy production with the internal Falls & Co team.
- Assist in copy creation in accordance with best practices to drive intended user action including call to action, engagement, commenting or sharing.
- Employ social media best practices to align platform-specific formatting, hashtag usage, setting tracking links, tagging, etc. to craft the social post.
- Schedule the posts in our publishing platform.
- Facilitate post reviews and feedback with clients.
- Track performance of post performance and use this to inform future posts.
- Research and align user generated content (UGC) to present opportunities to comment, like or share content.
- Monitor social media post comments and direct messages. Determine the action needed to be taken from responding directly or elevating comment to the client.
- Interpret post and channel KPI performance to client.
- Align with Influencer Marketing to identify interaction opportunities to amplify or sharing that content.
- Align with paid social advertising to ensure brand consistency and full funnel activity is coordinated.
- Lead community management.
Measurement and Reporting
- Works with analysts to establish key measures for social media and content performance
- Tracks content effectiveness by channel against goals, including views and video retention to business results
- Reports monthly to clients on results vs goals; recommends opportunities for optimization and improvement
Content Refinement and Management
- Evolves strategy and content based on performance
- Optimize organic and paid video formats for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat and Instagram and social copy.
- Defines and implements content governance processes to ensure regular review and improvement
- Serves as internal subject matter expert on social media
- Follows emerging social media and video trends; identifies opportunities to leverage them for clients
- Helps mentor/train content strategists and account managers on social media content best practices
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing/editing skills
- Meets and manages multiple deadlines
- Established processes for assuring accuracy, consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Experience creating social media content natively in-app
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Cloud programs such as Photoshop.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating an ability to develop, produce and distribute social media content
- Effective in providing creative direction/feedback
- Subject matter expertise in Social Media platforms, how audiences interact within each platform, and an understanding of how the platform algorithms prioritize audience interaction and engagement
- Experience with User Generated Content clearance workflows
- Extensive knowledge of social media analytic tools and campaign analysis.
- 3-5+ years of social media experience
- Bachelor's degree in social media, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Prior agency or brand social account management experience preferred
- Experience building original content and successfully distributing video on social media platforms
- Strong attention to detail and proven accountability
Interested candidates should send cover letter and confidential resume. No phone calls please!